Giving a shocker to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, at least three of his cabinet colleagues are set to join the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) soon, sources said.
A fourth minister has decided to quit the Congress, but it’s unlcear whether he would join TDP or a new party floated by Kiran. Ministers Erasu Pratap Reddy and T G Venkatesh, who had all along been trusted supporters of Kiran, would meet TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu here on February 27 and formally join the party.
Another minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao is also set to return to his parent party this week, TDP sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
TDP MPs Y S Chowdary, C M Ramesh and Garikapati Mohan Rao Monday, met with Erasu, T G Venkatesh and Ganta to discuss their political plans. It was then decided that Erasu and TG would meet Chandrababu Naidu on February 27 and formally announce their entry into the TDP.
Ganta Srinivasa Rao who is also expected to follow suit, began his political career with the TDP and was elected to the Lok Sabha from Anakapalli in 1999. T G Venkatesh also previously served as a TDP MLA, while Erasu has been serving the congress all through.
Erasu and T G Venkatesh belong to Kurnool district in Rayalaseema, while Ganta Srinivasa Rao represents Visakhapatnam district in North Coastal Andhra.
Satrucharla Vijaya Rama Raju, minister from Vizianagaram district, has also decided to quit the Congress. He is likely to return to TDP, sources said.
Chandrababu Naidu reportedly told his party colleagues from Seemandhra today that a large number of Congress leaders, including ministers and MLAs, plan to join the TDP.
“However, we may not open our doors to all of them. Only those useful to the party will be admitted. I will go by the opinion of the respective district units,” the TDP chief reportedly said.