Giving a shocker to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, at least three of his cabinet colleagues are set to join the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) soon, sources said.
A fourth minister has decided to quit the Congress, but it’s unlcear whether he would join TDP or a new party floated by Kiran. Ministers Erasu Pratap Reddy and T G Venkatesh, who had all along been trusted supporters of Kiran, would meet TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu here on February 27 and formally join the party.
Another minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao is also set to return to his parent party this week, TDP sources said.
TDP MPs Y S Chowdary, C M Ramesh and Garikapati Mohan Rao Monday, met with Erasu, T G Venkatesh and Ganta to discuss their political plans. It was then decided that Erasu and TG would meet Chandrababu Naidu on February 27 and formally announce their entry into the TDP.
Ganta Srinivasa Rao who is also expected to follow suit, began his political career with the TDP and was elected to the Lok Sabha from Anakapalli in 1999. T G Venkatesh also previously served as a TDP MLA, while Erasu has been serving the congress all through.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Erasu and T G Venkatesh belong to Kurnool district in Rayalaseema, while Ganta Srinivasa Rao represents Visakhapatnam district in North Coastal Andhra.
Satrucharla Vijaya Rama Raju, minister from Vizianagaram district, has also decided to quit the Congress. He is likely to return to TDP, sources said.
Chandrababu Naidu reportedly told his party colleagues from Seemandhra today that a large number of Congress leaders, including ministers and MLAs, plan to join the TDP.
“However, we may not open our doors to all of them. Only those useful to the party will be admitted. I will go by the opinion of the respective district units,” the TDP chief reportedly said.