Stating that democracy has matured in the country, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday claimed that Third Front will form a “stable government” with Congress’ support after this Lok Sabha elections.
“The way in which election trend appears, BJP will not be able to reach the magic figure and form government. Congress will emerge weakest after elections…The parties associated with Third Front will get maximum number of seats and will form the next government”, Yadav told PTI in an interview.
On being asked whether Third Front government will be stable as earlier experiences were not good, Yadav said that democracy has matured in India.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“Now neither alliance will break nor there will be any fissures due to ego…If alliances had given temporary governments, NDA and UPA had also completed their tenures…This time Third Front will give stable government”, he said.
On likely support of Congress to Third Front, Yadav said, “Samajwadi thinker Ram Manohar (Lohia) used to say whenever Congress remain in weak position, it would support Samajwadis..And in the present election, the situation appears so..Due to which, Congress will help in forming secular government”.
When asked about Third Front existence in the ongoing elections, Yadav said that he saw Odisha Chief Minister Biju Patnaik, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and other leaders as parties in the Front, which will take formal shape after May 16.
On being asked who will lead the Front, Yadav said that it was so early to say anything in this regard.
“It is too early to tell who will lead the Front..It will depend on the number of seats won by the parties associated with the Front…SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and other leaders with secular approach will sit and decide on shape of a stable government, and will find a way..”, Yadav said.
About the SP’s strategy to check BJP spreading its wings in Uttar Pradesh, Yadav said that his party was the only party, which had strong organisation and worker base.
“Our party is the only party with organisation and strong worker base…The achievements of my government was capable enough to check communal forces”,he said.
“SP supremo Mulayam has always fought against communal forces and stood against them even in adverse times..He took strict decisions during his regime as a chief minister of the state…This time real fight will be at booth-level, where SP would defeat BJP”, Yadav claimed.
On Narendra Modi’s statement that “in UP they (SP government) could not stop bull..How will they handle lions of Gujarat”, Yadav said, in UP unmarried are termed as “bull”, Modi should tell what he was.
“I have put Gujarat lions behind bars..”, he added.