- BJP deploys big guns as campaign enters last lap
- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
Third Front will form govt with Cong support: Akhilesh
Stating that democracy has matured in the country, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday claimed that Third Front will form a “stable government” with Congress’ support after the Lok Sabha elections.
“The way in which election trend appears, BJP will not be able to reach the magic figure and form government. Congress will emerge weakest after elections…The parties associated with Third Front will get maximum number of seats and will form the next government”, Akhilesh said.
On being asked whether Third Front government will be stable as earlier experiences were not good, Akhilesh said that democracy has matured in India. “Now neither alliance will break nor there will be any fissures due to ego…If alliances had given temporary governments, NDA and UPA had also completed their tenures… This time Third Front will give stable government”, he said.
On likely support of Congress to Third Front, he said, “Samajwadi thinker Ram Manohar (Lohia) used to say whenever Congress remains in weak position, it would support Samajwadis. And in the present election, the situation appears so..Due to which, Congress will help in forming secular government”.
Akhilesh said, he saw Orissa CM Biju Patnaik, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar and other leaders as parties in the Front, which will take formal shape after May 16. With PTI inputs