Rubbishing the proposed Third Front of the Left and regional parties, BJP on Saturday said the country cannot afford the luxury of a “failed idea”. Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said the country cannot afford such an idea, in an obvious reference to the earlier attempts by the similar formation to offer a political alternative at the Centre, which failed later.
“Third Front is a failed idea. This country cannot afford the luxury of a failed idea,” Jaitley told a press conference when asked about the efforts being made by Left parties and likes of JD(U), SP, BJD to come under one banner. Mulayam Singh Yadav of SP, Nitish Kumar of JD(U), H D Deve Gowda of JD(S) and Left leaders had recently met and proposed to form a non-Congress and non-BJP alliance.
BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has been a trenchant critic of the Front, saying it has always ended up helping Congress. He had recently said that the Third Front will make the country “third rate”, inviting sharp comments from Left parties. “Third Front has only one work – Save Congress. Time has come to teach them a lesson,” he said at a rally in Odisha.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Front, he said, was propped by Congress and comprises of parties, which have “destroyed” every state they have ruled be it Left in West Bengal or SP in Uttar Pradesh. He had singled them out as the major culprit for lack of development in the eastern region of India, where they draw most of their influence from. He also said western India is relatively developed because they have not ruled there.
“These people (Left and its associates) who do politics in the name of secularism practice the politics of vote-bank by misleading Muslims. They destroyed the eastern region. You must banish them from the Indian politics forever,” he had said.