- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Third Front govt will be formed after polls: Mulayam Singh Yadav
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday claimed that neither BJP nor Congress would get majority in the Lok Sabha elections and the Third Front would form government at the centre.
Addressing an election rally here, Mulayam said it would be decided after the elections as to who would be the Prime Minister in the Third Front government.
The former Defence Minister accused to UPA government of failing to provide adequate facilities to soldiers on the border.
“If the Third Front comes to the power, then special attention would be paid to jawans and farmers,” the SP supremo said.
With parties in Uttar Pradesh trying to woo Muslim voters, he claimed the Samajwadi Party enjoyed the support of 80 per cent members of the community in the state.
Announcing a slew of sops, he said that interest free loan would be given to farmers and they would get free water for irrigation.
He also said that special reservation would be given to Muslims.