BJP leader Giriraj Singh, under fire for his controversial remark on critics and opponents of Narendra Modi, on Tuesday faced a third FIR, saying it was slapped on him despite his reply to Patna district adminsitration’s notice within the stipulated time.
The FIR was lodged against him at the Airport police station last night though he had replied to the notice within the stipulated 24 hours, Singh said.
The BJP leader, who is facing flak from various quarters including his own party, alleged that the officials at the district collectorate did not give him any acknowledgement slip for his reply by fax and e-mail. “I will defend myself in court.”
He charged Patna district officials with colluding with the JD(U) and claimed that he was framed under a “conspiracy” hatched by the Nitish Kumar government.
Singh hit out at JD(U) national spokesperson K C Tyagi for allegdly ‘singling’ him out for attack over his remarks that critics and opponents of Modi should go to Pakistan, but maintaining ‘a cowardly silence’ on the hate speech by Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan and JD(U) leader Shakuni Chaudhary, who had reportedly threatened to eliminate Modi.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Sticking to his guns that he had not violated provisions of the Model Code, Singh said, “I have not breached the provisions of the Model Code in place for the general elections in whatsoever manner to warrant criticism from all quarters and lodging of FIRs against me.”