1. Telangana was first raised as a major demand in the late 1960s and its fortunes have oscillated with political calculations of the powers-that-be.
2. The new capital city of Andhra is expected to come up somewhere near Vijayawada and Guntur, and Acharya Nagarjuna University is located just 25 km from each city.
3. A mix of the iconic arch of the Kakatiya dynasty and Charminar will form the official logo of Telangana state.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
4. The Pratyush Sinha Committee appointed by the Centre has recommended 163 posts of IAS, 112 of IPS and 65 Indian Forest Service officers for Telangana.
5. For the new Andhra state, the Pratyush Sinha Committee has recommended 211 posts of IAS, 144 IPS, and 82 IFS officers.
6. Chandrasekhara Rao will not be using the official CM bungalow at Begumpet in Hyderabad as he feels it is unlucky and inauspicious. Y S Rajasekhara Reddy who got the sprawling bungalow died in a helicopter crash in September 2009. His successor K Rosaiah resigned within 10 months. N Kiran Kumar Reddy faced chaotic times till he resigned as CM.
7. Land prices are already shooting up in the expectation of a new capital coming up in the region. A metro rail and high-speed corridor will connect the two cities.
8. Unlike other state bifurcations, the division of Andhra Pradesh has become a tense affair due to the extensive business interests that Seemandhra people have in Hyderabad. Lakhs of people have also migrated to Hyderabad and made it their permanent home. They are all opposed to bifurcation. Government employees who have lived in Hyderabad for the better part of their lives do not want to return to their native areas, while Telangana employees want them to go back.
9. During the elections, both the TDP and YSR Congress Party had talked of Rs 40-50,000 crore being needed to establish the new capital.
10. Chandrababu Naidu is planning to develop Tirupati and Vizag as IT hubs.
11. Of the two Toyota Prados in the CM’s official convoy, one has been allotted to Naidu while the other has been given to Rao.