Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday denied any rift within the ruling Samajwadi Party and said all party leaders will ‘unitedly’ fight the 2017 assembly elections on the SP symbol.
“There is no rift in the party, and all of us will fight the elections on the party’s symbol ‘cycle’,” Akhilesh Yadav told reporters on the sidelines of the SP’s Silver Jubilee gala in Lucknow.
The Chief Minister’s remarks came after his uncle Shivpal Singh Yadav earlier made an indirect attack on him at the event.
Asked if there were chances of an alliance with the Congress, the Chief Minister said, “I have left the decision of alliance with Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav).”
Emphasising on the 25th year celebrations of the party, Akhilesh said, “We are spreading the ideology of Samajwad (socialism) in the country.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Chief Minister also thanked former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav and noted Supreme Court lawyer Ram Jethmalani for attending the event.
Addressing the crowd earlier, Akhilesh’s uncle, Shivpal Yadav, referring to his dismissal twice from the state cabinet recently, said he was neither greedy for any post nor any ministry.
If required, the SP leader said he was ready to give even his blood and everything for the Samajwadi Party.