In this edition of The Numbers Story we have visually mapped MPs of the 15th Lok Sabha who are facing criminal charges.
Refer the key at the bottom right corner of the map to get idea of which states have sent the most number of MPs, who are facing criminal charges. If you hover your mouse over any state, it will give you a mini-breakdown of MPs facing criminal charges from Congress and BJP.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Half the MPs in Jharkand are facing criminal charges. At 48% Maharashtra is second in the list of percentage of MPs facing criminal charges, followed by Gujarat, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
The Shiv Sena tops the list of most party MPs facing criminal charges. 80% of its 10 MPs face criminal charges. BJP comes second with 41.07% of its 112 MPs, JD(U) is third with 36.84% of its 19 MPs.
The Shiv Sena tops the list of most party MPs facing criminal charges. 80% of its 10 MPs in the parliament face criminal charges. BJP comes second with 41.07% of its 112 MPs, JD(U) is third with 36.84% of its 19 MPs, and so on.
Kameshwar Baitha, an outgoing MP from Jharkhand, faces 46 criminal charges; of which most of them are serious charges ranging from murder to attempted murder. CPI (M) leader R.B Rajesh and Shiv Sena leader Chandrakant Bhaurao face 16 criminal charges each.
Read the previous edition of The Numbers Story: Telangana fares better than Seemandhra in development
Disclaimer: The graphs above do not contain numbers from the 15th Lok Sabha Winter Session. All figures were compiled by PRS Legislative, ADR and Indicus.