In this edition of The Numbers Story we have visually mapped MPs of the 15th Lok Sabha who are facing criminal charges.
Refer the key at the bottom right corner of the map to get idea of which states have sent the most number of MPs, who are facing criminal charges. If you hover your mouse over any state, it will give you a mini-breakdown of MPs facing criminal charges from Congress and BJP.
Half the MPs in Jharkand are facing criminal charges. At 48% Maharashtra is second in the list of percentage of MPs facing criminal charges, followed by Gujarat, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
The Shiv Sena tops the list of most party MPs facing criminal charges. 80% of its 10 MPs face criminal charges. BJP comes second with 41.07% of its 112 MPs, JD(U) is third with 36.84% of its 19 MPs.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Shiv Sena tops the list of most party MPs facing criminal charges. 80% of its 10 MPs in the parliament face criminal charges. BJP comes second with 41.07% of its 112 MPs, JD(U) is third with 36.84% of its 19 MPs, and so on.
Kameshwar Baitha, an outgoing MP from Jharkhand, faces 46 criminal charges; of which most of them are serious charges ranging from murder to attempted murder. CPI (M) leader R.B Rajesh and Shiv Sena leader Chandrakant Bhaurao face 16 criminal charges each.
Read the previous edition of The Numbers Story: Telangana fares better than Seemandhra in development
Disclaimer: The graphs above do not contain numbers from the 15th Lok Sabha Winter Session. All figures were compiled by PRS Legislative, ADR and Indicus.