The change of guard in Gujarat will be reflected in a scaled-down security detail, the incumbents in the Chief Minister’s Office, the office décor and even communication systems.
Some of the accessories of a typical Narendra Modi event, such as colour-coded invites that helped plan car parks, bins to collect prohibited items, and the strict security drill were missing at Anandiben Patel’s swearing-in. Modi was last sworn in as CM for the fourth time in December 2012 at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad, which is an open and much larger venue.
Modi’s personal secretary Om Prakash Singh and personal assistant Tanmay Mehta are expected to follow him to Delhi, while long-time officer on special duty, Sanjay Bhavsar, and his PRO all these years, Jagdish Thakkar, are likely to work with Anandiben, sources say.
Among bureaucrats, Modi’s trusted lieutenant K Kailashnathan, made chief principal secretary in the CMO after his retirement, is expected to stay in Gujarat, at least to ensure a smooth transition and liaison with the Centre.
A source in the CMO predicted that Modi’s core team including additional principal secretary Arun K Sharma, principal secretary Girish Chandra Murmu and joint secretary Vijay Nehra will be soon called to Delhi. Sharma, in fact, has been camping in Delhi for the last four days preparing for the swearing-in.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
The perceived threat Modi faced kept him under enhanced Z-plus security but Anandiben will not have National Security Guard commandos. Additional chief secretary (home) S K Nanda said, “The new CM will get Z-plus security like before, but without the NSG commandos.”
Anandiben’s personal secretaries J D Desai and K C Sampat are expected to move into the CMO. “Soon, details will be chalked out with General Administration Department on IAS officers to be moved into the CMO, if and when some officers move to Delhi,” said an official. “The movement of officers to Delhi will happen in couple of months.”
Anandiben is likely to move into the chief minister’s residence to be vacated by Modi. She lives separately from her Memnagar-based educator-writer husband Mafatbhai Patel; her address is that of her son Sanjay’s on Ahmedabad’s outskirts. Their daughter, Anar, runs an organisation promoting local artisans.
The staff at the revenue and urban department, which Patel was holding so far, said the décor of CMO is likely to change a bit. “She may go for some décor changes to her cabin, which are likely to be minor.”
(Inputs by Ujjwala Nayudu)
Who gets what
Anandiben Patel, CM:
General Administration, Administrative Reforms and Training, Industries, Home, Climate Change, Ports, Information & Broadcasting, Narmada, Kalpsar, Revenue, Disaster Management, Urban Development, Housing Board, all departments not allotted to a minister
Heath, Medical Education, Family Welfare, Road and Building, Capital Project and Transport
Social Justice and Welfare
Education, Higher and Technical Education, Civil Supplies, Science and Technology
Finance, Energy and Petro Chemicals, Mines and Minerals, Cottage Industry, Printing and Writing Material, Planning, Tourism, Civil Aviation, Labour and Employment
Forest and Environment and Tribal Development
Water Resources, Water Supply, Agriculture, Cooperative, Animal Husbandary, Fisheries and Cow Protection
Ministers of State Dilip Thakor, Vasu Trivedi, Pradeepsinh Jadeja, Chatrasinh Mori, Jaydrathsinh Parmar, Rajnikant Patel, Govind Patel, Nanu Vanani, Jayanti Kavadia, Shanker Chaudhary (Heath and Family Welfare, Transport, Urban Development), Tarachand Cheda, Jayesh Radaiya, Bachu Khabad, Kanti Gamit