“The nightmare is finally over. The worst ever state government Delhi has ever witnessed has resigned. It defied the hopes of many who wanted to see an alternative politics emerge. The alternative politics was populism, demagogue, falsehood but no governance. Thank God, the nightmare is over,” Jaitley said in an article posted on his website. He accused the AAP government of being guided by the motto of indulging into “clever politics and no governance” and highlighted clutch of issues pertaining to the national capital to suggest that Kejriwal government did not apply to those real issues.
“Did the AAP government decide to expand the drinking water connectivity in Delhi? Did they seriously conceive of a scheme to increase the healthcare facilities in Delhi? Did they ever think of setting up new schools and colleges? Did they ever think over expanding the technical educational institutions in Delhi? What about taking Delhi Metro to the next phase? Did the idea of more flyovers and better PWD roads ever cross their thinking?” Jaitley asked in an apparent attempt to puncture AAP’s claims and added that “these are all areas which add to the quality of life of those living in a large metropolis. These are real areas of governance. The 49-day government had no mind space for any of these issues”.
Jaitley, in this backdrop, alleged that the Jan Lokpal Bill was an “exit route” crafted by the AAP to “invent a pretext for resignation”. “They were more suited to the streets. It therefore crafted an exit route for itself. Its Jan Lokpal Bill was kept as a closely guarded secret till the last day. The ‘Lokpal content’ of the Bill is not radically different from the Central legislation but it wanted to create a false propaganda that its Bill is a revolutionary one in comparison to the central law. It decided to defy the conventional procedure for legislative approval to invent a pretext for resignation,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More