In a veiled attack on TRS, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said though smaller parties are trying to take credit for the formation of Telangana, it would not have been possible without the “hard work” put in by the Congress.
Addressing his maiden election rally here in Telangana after the bifurcation bill was passed in Parliament, Singh said it was Congress party’s efforts in the face of hurdles and objections that made the separate state possible.
Highlighting that the policies and programmes of the new government in the new state would have a bearing on the future of the state, he said Congress alone can ensure the prosperity and development of Telangana. “I would like to tell you today that Congress alone can rise up to your expectations. We have the experience in carrying out development work. We know about taking up development by taking all sections of the society along and most important thing is we respect the feelings of Telangana people,” he said.
Singh said Telangana can be put along with other developed states in the country.
Noting that Hyderabad would have an important role in faster development of Telangana, he said successive Congress governments have made efforts in making the city a modern one, the Prime Minister added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Singh assured that the Congress government in Telangana would work for rapid development in all spheres and also create new opportunities for employment generation.
The Prime Minister also said, “We have taken care of necessities of both the states post division of Andhra Pradesh. I have announced a special package in the Parliament for the successive state of Andhra Pradesh. Our wish is that both the states create a new record in prosperity.”