In a veiled attack on TRS, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said though smaller parties are trying to take credit for the formation of Telangana, it would not have been possible without the “hard work” put in by the Congress.
Addressing his maiden election rally here in Telangana after the bifurcation bill was passed in Parliament, Singh said it was Congress party’s efforts in the face of hurdles and objections that made the separate state possible.
Highlighting that the policies and programmes of the new government in the new state would have a bearing on the future of the state, he said Congress alone can ensure the prosperity and development of Telangana. “I would like to tell you today that Congress alone can rise up to your expectations. We have the experience in carrying out development work. We know about taking up development by taking all sections of the society along and most important thing is we respect the feelings of Telangana people,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Singh said Telangana can be put along with other developed states in the country.
Noting that Hyderabad would have an important role in faster development of Telangana, he said successive Congress governments have made efforts in making the city a modern one, the Prime Minister added.
Singh assured that the Congress government in Telangana would work for rapid development in all spheres and also create new opportunities for employment generation.
The Prime Minister also said, “We have taken care of necessities of both the states post division of Andhra Pradesh. I have announced a special package in the Parliament for the successive state of Andhra Pradesh. Our wish is that both the states create a new record in prosperity.”