Riding on a wave of Telangana statehood sentiment, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) stormed ahead in the region and looks set to form the first government in Telangana which officially comes into existence on June 2. The TRS was leading in 65 of the 119 Assembly and 12 of the 17 Parliamentary constituencies.
It is basically TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao’s single-handed win. It was KCR who was quick to wrest the initiative as soon as Telangana Bill was passed on February 18 and took credit for leading Telangana agitation to its conclusions, and launched a high-pitched campaign leaving the Congress way behind.
The TRS’ campaign had no other campaigners except KCR who addressed over 300 public meetings, heli-hopping around and often addressing more than 10 meetings in a single day.
The TRS not only retained its north Telangana stronghold but also made inroads in south Telangana, a Congress bastion. TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao was leading in Medak Lok Sabha as well as Gajwal Assembly-he is contesting from both seats.
KCR’s son K T Rama Rao was leading in Sircilla in Karimnagar district while his daughter K Kavita was also leading in the Nizamabad Lok Sabha seat against Congress sitting MP Madhu Yakshi Goud.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee chief Ponnala Lakshmaih was trailing in Jangaon Assembly seat. Sitting Congress MPs Gaddam Vivekananda (Peddapalle), Ponnam Prabhakar (Karimnagar), S Jaipal Reddy (Mahbunagar-he shifted from Chevella Lok Sabha seat), S Rajaiah (Warangal), TDP MPs Ramesh Rathod (Adilabad), Nama Nageshwara Rao (Khammam) were all trailing.
BJP’s Bandaru Dattatreya was leading in Secunderabad Lok Sabha while MIM’s Asaduddin Owaisi had established a comfortable lead in Hyderabad Lok Sabha seat.
In Seemandhra, a tough fight is on between Telugu Desam Party and YSRCP. The TDP was leading in 90 of the 175 Assembly and 14 of the 25 Lok Sabha seats. The YSRCP was leading in 80 Assembly and 10 Lok Sabha seats.
But with each round the equations are changing. BJP’s K Hari Babu and Y S Vijayalakshmi, mother of Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, were going neck and neck in the crucial Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha seat. The TDP was ahead in Srikakulam and Vizianagaram in north Coastal Andhra.