Asserting that Parliament has the sovereign power over formation of new states, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday said rejection of AP Reorganisation Bill, 2013 by the State Legislature will not impact formation of separate Telangana.
Referring to provisions of the Constitution, he said Parliament has supreme powers and that the Assembly can only express its views.
Expressing confidence that the Telangana Bill would be moved in the coming session of Parliament, he said the separate state would be a reality in another 15 days.
The ensuing general elections would be held in “two states” (post division of Andhra Pradesh), he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Replying to a query about his party’s possible merger with Congress, he said the question comes after the Telangana Bill is passed in Parliament.
In an embarrassment for the Centre, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly today passed by voice vote a resolution moved by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy rejecting the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 which entails creation of separate Telangana state.