Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday resigned from his post as well as the Congress protesting the manner in which the state was being divided “by throwing all norms to the wind” and lashed out at political parties for dividing the state in quest of “votes”.
Soon after announcing his decision to quit, Kiran drove straight to the Raj Bhavan and handed over his resignation letter to Governor E S L Narasimhan. The chief minister also resigned as MLA. “I have requested the Governor to make alternative arrangements at the earliest as I have no inclination to continue even as a caretaker,” Kiran said.
“This is not an easy decision…I have taken it with a lot of pain that I could not save (unity) of Telugu people,” Kiran announced at the crowded press conference at his camp office. He lashed out at the Congress, along with TDP, YSR Congress, TRS and BJP, for dividing the state only in quest of “votes and seats”.
“I strongly condemn this,” he said, even as he thanked the Congress for making him the Chief Minister.
“Though I offered to resign the day (July 30, 2013) the CWC decided to bifurcate AP, I continued because Sonia Gandhi asked me to,” he said.
“I stayed on to fight against the bifurcation till the end,” Kiran said when asked why he was stepping down at the last minute. The bill to carve out Telangana, the 29th state, by splitting Andhra Pradesh was on Tuesday passed by the Lok Sabha with Congress and BJP coming together on the issue.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More