N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was upset over the passage of Telangana bill in Lok Sabha, has resigned as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Earlier, the Chief Minister met some of his Cabinet colleagues and legislators from Seemandhra region before he announced his resignation.
Meanwhile, high drama was witnessed in Rajya Sabha as a TDP member heckled Secretary General Shumsher K Sheriff while trying to snatch papers from him related to Telangana bill.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Here are the highlights:
# We will place the Telangana Bill in Rajya Sabha on Thursday, says Union Minister Rajeev Shukla.
# Telangana bill not taken up in Rajya Sabha today, Upper House adjourned for the day.
# Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has criticised both Congress and BJP over the creation of Telangana, saying they have laid the foundation of a wrong and unhealthy tradition.
# The government has rejected criticism that “undemocratic methods” were adopted in the Lok Sabha to pass the Telangana bill, saying it was passed “as per rules”.
# Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar accepts resignation of Seemandhra MP L Rajagopal, who splashed pepper spray last week.
# Reacting to the decision of the resignation of Kiran Kumar Reddy as the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that the leader did not have any other option.
# Members opposed to bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh trooped into the well of Rajya Sabha and a TDP member snatched papers from Secretary General Shumsher K Sheriff, forcing two adjournments in the pre-lunch sitting.
# Announcing his decision to quit Congress, Kiran Kumar Reddy alleged that Andhra Pradesh was being divided “by throwing all norms to the wind”.
# Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 PM after a TDP member protesting against Telangana snatches papers from Secretary General.
#BJP condemned the blackout of Lok Sabha TV during the debate on Telangana bill on Tuesday, saying it was planned and not a glitch.
# N Kiran Kumar Reddy has also reigned as an MLA from the Andhra Pradesh assembly.
# Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has announced his resignation at a press conference.
# Both Houses of Parliament have been adjourned till noon.