N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was upset over the passage of Telangana bill in Lok Sabha, has resigned as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Earlier, the Chief Minister met some of his Cabinet colleagues and legislators from Seemandhra region before he announced his resignation.
Meanwhile, high drama was witnessed in Rajya Sabha as a TDP member heckled Secretary General Shumsher K Sheriff while trying to snatch papers from him related to Telangana bill.
Here are the highlights:
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
# We will place the Telangana Bill in Rajya Sabha on Thursday, says Union Minister Rajeev Shukla.
# Telangana bill not taken up in Rajya Sabha today, Upper House adjourned for the day.
# Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has criticised both Congress and BJP over the creation of Telangana, saying they have laid the foundation of a wrong and unhealthy tradition.
# The government has rejected criticism that “undemocratic methods” were adopted in the Lok Sabha to pass the Telangana bill, saying it was passed “as per rules”.
# Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar accepts resignation of Seemandhra MP L Rajagopal, who splashed pepper spray last week.
# Reacting to the decision of the resignation of Kiran Kumar Reddy as the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that the leader did not have any other option.
# Members opposed to bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh trooped into the well of Rajya Sabha and a TDP member snatched papers from Secretary General Shumsher K Sheriff, forcing two adjournments in the pre-lunch sitting.
# Announcing his decision to quit Congress, Kiran Kumar Reddy alleged that Andhra Pradesh was being divided “by throwing all norms to the wind”.
# Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 PM after a TDP member protesting against Telangana snatches papers from Secretary General.
#BJP condemned the blackout of Lok Sabha TV during the debate on Telangana bill on Tuesday, saying it was planned and not a glitch.
# N Kiran Kumar Reddy has also reigned as an MLA from the Andhra Pradesh assembly.
# Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has announced his resignation at a press conference.
# Both Houses of Parliament have been adjourned till noon.