Passage of Telangana bill indicated that this country can take “difficult” decisions, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in the Lok Sabha on Friday.
In his concluding remarks on the last day of the 15th Lok Sabha, he said the manner in which the Telangana Bill was passed was another example that the country was capable of taking difficult decisions.
Unlike the disruptions and the slogan shouting, the House witnessed bonhomie and camaraderie on the last day with the Prime Minister, Leader of the House Sushilkumar Shinde, Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj as also some other party leaders speaking well of each other.
Singh hoped that a new sense of consensus will emerge to carry the country to new pathways, noting that “out of this strife and tensed atmosphere, birth of a new atmosphere of hope will emerge.”
The Prime Minister, who has been at the helm for the past 10 years and has declared that he will not opt for a third term, said people will now have an opportunity to judge on performance, weaknesses and achievements of the government in the upcoming elections.
He hailed Shinde for performing his duties with superb aplomb and also praised the role of the Leader of the Opposition.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More