Passage of Telangana bill indicated that this country can take “difficult” decisions, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in the Lok Sabha on Friday.
In his concluding remarks on the last day of the 15th Lok Sabha, he said the manner in which the Telangana Bill was passed was another example that the country was capable of taking difficult decisions.
Unlike the disruptions and the slogan shouting, the House witnessed bonhomie and camaraderie on the last day with the Prime Minister, Leader of the House Sushilkumar Shinde, Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj as also some other party leaders speaking well of each other.
Singh hoped that a new sense of consensus will emerge to carry the country to new pathways, noting that “out of this strife and tensed atmosphere, birth of a new atmosphere of hope will emerge.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The Prime Minister, who has been at the helm for the past 10 years and has declared that he will not opt for a third term, said people will now have an opportunity to judge on performance, weaknesses and achievements of the government in the upcoming elections.
He hailed Shinde for performing his duties with superb aplomb and also praised the role of the Leader of the Opposition.