After BJP opened tea stalls to hard sell Narendra Modi’s image of a leader rising from a humble background, RJD too has done the the same in the name of party chief Lalu Prasad claiming that he was the “real” tea seller.
Besides providing free cuppa and biscuit to people, the partymen at the ‘Lalu chai dukaan’ would tell them about the alleged “falsehood” of the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate.
An unfazed BJP, however, said such a “monkey trick” would have no impact on the voters.
Alleging that Modi’s claim of being a tea vendor in childhood was false and asserting that unlike him its chief Lalu Prasad was a “real” tea seller, RJD has opened roadside tea shops at strategic locations in Muzaffarpur district for its own brand of “Chai per charcha” (discussion over tea).
‘Lalu chai dukaan’ followed the RJD chief questioning the authenticity of Narendra Modi selling tea in childhood and claiming himself to be the “real” tea seller at a shop of his brother in Patna during his student days.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We distribute about 1000 cups of tea along with biscuits to people free from ‘Lalu chai dukaan’ during an hour long discussion every evening to tell people about truth of Prasad and Narendra Modi,” Muzaffarpur RJD spokesman and the man behind the tea programme Iqbal Shami told PTI.
The first such tea stall was opened on February 20 at Zero Mile in Ahiapur at the trijunction of roads leading to Mithilanchal, Samastipur and Samastipur, Shami said adding two more stalls were opened at Bochaha More and Beria bus stand.
He said more such stalls will be opened in every villa ge and blocks of Muzaffarpur and they will run till March 3 when Modi is scheduled to address a rally at Muzaffarpur.
Former Deputy Chief Minister and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi mocked at Prasad for copying his party’s campaign, terming it as a “moneky trick”. “Everybody knows about the humble background of Narendra Modi as tea seller on trains in childhood. By aping him Lalu Prasad will not be able to impress people,” he said.