A delegation of Telugu Desam Party legislators met Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan at the Raj Bhavan here on Thursday and handed over a letter informing him about the election of N Chandrababu Naidu as the leader of Telugu Desam Legislature Party.
The TDP Legislature Party met in temple-town Tirupati late last night and unanimously elected Chandrababu as its leader.
Senior legislators Yanamala Ramakrishnudu, K E Krishna Murthy, Mandali Buddha Prasad, Dhulipalla Narendra and others met the Governor this afternoon and informed him about the
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“We requested the Governor to invite Chandrababu Naidu to form the government of (new) Andhra Pradesh,” Yanamala later told reporters.
The Governor sought details about the swearing-in, like place and time, which the TDP delegation provided.
The Governor is expected to invite Chandrababu this evening and hand-over a letter formally appointing the latter as the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
A “muhurtam” has been set at 7.27 PM on June 8 for Chandrababu’s swearing-in.
Keeping with his promise to people, Chandrababu will take oath at a public function at Nagarjuna Nagar between Vijayawada and Guntur.
Elaborate arrangements are being made for the swearing-in ceremony as a crowd of over five lakh people is expected for the event.
Besides, Union Ministers and Chief Ministers of various states are expected to attend the ceremony.
The TDP won 102 seats in the 175-member AP Assembly.
While an independent, who was actually a rebel candidate of the TDP, returned to the party upon his election from Pithapuram, another candidate, who won the election on behalf
of an unknown ‘Navodayam Party’, also announced that he would be an “associate” member of the TDP in the Assembly.
The TDP is, however, yet to take a final call in his case as there is strong opposition within the party.