The TDP-BJP tie-up in Seemandhra is as good as over as both parties are preparing to field candidates in all the 175 assembly and 25 Lok Sabha seats even as senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leaders are trying to salvage the situation.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and BJP leader Prakash Javadekar were closeted in a meeting since morning to sort out their issues but all indications are that if Naidu does not have his way, he may pull out and field candidates in the 14 assembly and four Lok Sabha seats allotted to BJP.
For TDP it might prove to be a downfall as leaders and cadre of both parties who were supposed to campaign for each other would be doing the opposite. “BJP has nothing to lose because it does not have much support here. Narendra Modi factor will work in some constituencies only if BJP fields strong candidates,” a TDP leader said.
Of the 14 Assembly seats allotted to BJP, Chandrababu Naidu wants BJP to change candidates in 8 seats. Those candidates, he told Javedakar, would lose and give the seats to YSRCP on a platter. Of the other 6 seats, TDP candidates have already filed their nominations along side BJP candidates in four constituencies. That effectively leaves only 10 of the originally 14 seats for the BJP.
BJP leaders indicated that if Naidu continues to step on their toes, then parties have no option but to part ways. BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu and TDP chief are also in touch over phone to sort out their issues.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More