The TDP-BJP tie-up in Seemandhra is as good as over as both parties are preparing to field candidates in all the 175 assembly and 25 Lok Sabha seats even as senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leaders are trying to salvage the situation.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and BJP leader Prakash Javadekar were closeted in a meeting since morning to sort out their issues but all indications are that if Naidu does not have his way, he may pull out and field candidates in the 14 assembly and four Lok Sabha seats allotted to BJP.
For TDP it might prove to be a downfall as leaders and cadre of both parties who were supposed to campaign for each other would be doing the opposite. “BJP has nothing to lose because it does not have much support here. Narendra Modi factor will work in some constituencies only if BJP fields strong candidates,” a TDP leader said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Of the 14 Assembly seats allotted to BJP, Chandrababu Naidu wants BJP to change candidates in 8 seats. Those candidates, he told Javedakar, would lose and give the seats to YSRCP on a platter. Of the other 6 seats, TDP candidates have already filed their nominations along side BJP candidates in four constituencies. That effectively leaves only 10 of the originally 14 seats for the BJP.
BJP leaders indicated that if Naidu continues to step on their toes, then parties have no option but to part ways. BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu and TDP chief are also in touch over phone to sort out their issues.