Telugu Desam Party on Wednesday demanded re-election in at least 38 polling stations across Anantapuram, Chittoor, Kadapa and Nellore districts of Andhra Pradesh, alleging that YSR Congress indulged in booth-capturing and rigging on a massive scale.
“YSRC leaders and contesting candidates caused terror in the villages and intimidated voters. They have captured the polling booths and resorted to rigging by throwing out the TDP polling agents,” TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu said in a letter addressed to the state’s Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal.
In Singanamala Assembly constituency in Anantapuram district, polling officials colluded with YSRC candidate and drove out TDP’s polling agents, he alleged.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He also alleged that in many polling stations in Mydukuru Assembly segment in Kadapa district, YSRC candidate Raghurami Reddy indulged in rigging after the TDP agents were driven out.
TDP candidate Ramasubba Reddy was attacked with knives and stones in Jammalamadugu constituency and the party’s polling agents were kidnapped, while YSRC indulged in rigging in polling stations 80-88 and 138-141, the TDP chief alleged.
In Brahmanapalli village under Atmakuru Assembly segment in PSR Nellore district, the native of YSRC candidates Mekapati brothers, TDP agents were not allowed in the polling stations, he said.
In polling stations 146-150, relatives of the YSRC candidate forcibly entered and resorted to rigging, the TDP president added.
“The entire polling process has been vitiated in these polling stations. The mandate of people is not reflected in view of the violence caused by the YSRC nominees,” Naidu alleged.
In a separate letter to Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath, Naidu referred to an attack on IPS officer Rajesh Kumar and another officer named Appala Naidu, who were on election duty, allegedly by YSRCP workers, at Jammalamadugu in Kadapa district. Four police vehicles were also damaged in the incident, he said.
“I request you to get the guilty arrested forthwith and also disqualify the YSRC’s candidate for causing violence and attacking police officers on election duty,” Naidu said.
He also brought to the CEC’s notice death of a person at Nallacheruvu village in Anantapuram district after drinking spurious liquor, allegedly supplied by the YSRC. In Sattenapalli in Guntur district, YSRC distributed counterfeit currency notes to the voters, Naidu alleged.