The CBI today issued a restraint order to prevent Vectra group chairman Ravi Rishi,under the scanner for alleged irregularities in the Rs 5,000-crore Tatra-BEML deal,from leaving India. All airports,exit points and major ports have been alerted to ensure that the London-based NRI businessman does not leave the country.
Sources said the CBI is likely to call Rishi,57,for questioning again,with the agency finding credible evidence in the documents to suggest that he violated procurement guidelines.
The CBI has reportedly found that Rishi,named as an accused in its FIR,misrepresented the company while bagging the contract to supply Tatra trucks to the Army. Vectra is a majority stakeholder in Tatra.
The agency has taken custody of files related to the Tatra-BEML deal from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and will now start examining defence and officials of the state-owned Bharat Earth Movers Limited.
CBI officials are also seeking details of a complaint filed against Rishi in the Czech Republic in 2011. It was alleged that Rishi had purchased the Tatra trucks from the Czech company at a cheaper rate,and supplied them to BEML at a higher price.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile,the CBI said they are still waiting for a detailed complaint from Army Chief General V K Singh after his allegation that Lt Gen (retired) Tejinder Singh had offered him a bribe for clearing a consignment of the sub-standard Tatra trucks.
Lt Gen Singh has refuted the allegations and has filed a defamation case against the Army chief and some other senior officers.
Officials said that they will be seeking more details from the Army Chief before they decide on whether to register a preliminary enquiry or a case in connection with the bribery charge.
The Army Chief had told CBI officials that he would file a detailed complaint by Monday or Tuesday.