In a personal and vituperative attack on BJP prime ministerial candidate, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday demanded Bharat Ratna for Jashodaben, wife of Narendra Modi, calling her “a symbol of sacrifice and pain”.
“In the next 10 days, I am going to write recommending Jashodaben for the ‘Bharat Ratna’. I must salute her hundred times. She is a symbol of great Indian womanhood and a great lady,” Gogoi said.
“She is a symbol of sacrifice and pain, not only in India but the entire world,” he said. In the same vein, Gogoi remarked “She should actually receive Noble Prize for her silent suffering and perhaps nobody in the country having realised her pain.” “Jashodaben is the real sanyasin. Modi claims that he is a sanyasi, but in reality he is a saffron man to capture power. He is a kind of ‘American sanyasi’. He only knows about the Chief Minister’s post. What kind of man is (now) going to be the Prime Minister of India?,” Gogoi said.
Going ballistic against the BJP prime ministerial candidate, the Congress leader claimed that, “This is not an election issue but an humane issue”. While filing his nomination papers for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat in Gujarat, Modi had for the first time mentioned his spouse’s name as Jashodaben under that column.
Turning to Assam’s illegal migration issue, which came for reference in BJP manifesto, Gogoi said, “In Assam, population grew by 15.35 per cent between 2001 and 2011 as per the census report. “But around the same time, Gujarat’s population grew by 19.12 per cent. So what does it mean?”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Infiltration, which has gone down substantially, is still a major problem but not the main problem, Gogoi said, adding that “the main issue remains the huge unemployment”. On the elections of the three seats in Assam on Saturday, Gogoi said Congress will win all of them. “Of the eight seats that have gone for polls in Assam so far, we will emerge winners in all,” he added. The last phase of polling in the state will take place on April 24 for six constituencies.