Slamming TMC MP Tapas Paul’s controversial comments allegedly threatening to kill CPI(M) workers and have their women raped, BJP on Tuesday demanded that the leader be put “behind bars”, saying he has “no right” to be in any political party.
BJP’s national vice-president Laxmi Kant Chawla has shot off a letter to the TMC chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee stating that leaders like Pal should not be a part of any political entity and be put behind bars.
“It has come to the public notice that your party MP Tapas Pal talked about shooting, beating and raping women. The matter obviously has brought you embarrassment and ridicule.We request you to expel the leader from the party and send him behind bars for making such insensitive comments against women,” the letter said.
Chawla reiterated that Paul has “no right” to be in the party and the TMC chief being a woman herself should immediately put the leader behind bars.
Pal’s comment which went viral on a vernacular TV news channel on Monday had quoted him saying, “If any CPIM man is present here. Listen to me. If you ever touch any Trinamool Congress worker or their families at Choumaha, you have to pay for this. Don’t try to act smart with me. I am smarter than you…”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“… Earlier, you guys have bullied me on various occasions. If you insult the mothers and daughters of Trinamool workers. Then I won’t spare you. I will let loose my boys in your homes and they will commit rape. I will teach each of you a lesson,” the MP had warned.
Pal, however, denied that he spoke about rape. “What I said was I will tell my workers to ‘raid’.”