Trinamool Congress MP and Tollywood actor Tapas Paul was in the middle of the controversy on Tuesday after he was caught on camera threatening CPI(M) workers to kill them and have their women raped if any of his party workers are attacked.
Here is what happened after Tapas Paul’s outrageous remarks:
# Addressing a workers’ meeting at Chowmatha village in Tehatta in Nadia district — which falls in his parliamentary constituency of Krishnanagar — on June 14, Paul said, “If any opponent (of the Trinamool) touches any Trinamool girl, any father, any child, I will destroy his entire family. Aamar chheleder dhukiye debo, rape kore chole jaabe, rape kore chole jaabe (I will unleash my boys, they will rape them, rape them).”
# The wife of Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul has apologised for her husband’s rape remark, which has caused an uproar. Nandini Paul, the wife of the MP, said that her husband should not have used the term. Speaking to mediapersons, though Nandini disapproved of the term used by Tapas Paul, she said that his comments need to be seen in context.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
# Paul is a popular actor of Bengali cinema and has won the Filmfare Award for his role in Saheb. He has also acted in Abodh, Madhuri Dixit’s debut film in 1986. Paul is a Member of Parliament from Krishnanagar constituency of Nadia distract in West Bengal.
# Expressing disbelief at Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul’s alleged remarks threatening to kill CPI(M) workers and have their women raped, eminent director Aparna Sen on Tuesday wondered whether jumping into politics had changed the nature of the “sweet” actor.
# Slamming TMC MP Tapas Paul’s controversial comments allegedly threatening to kill CPI(M) workers and have their women raped, BJP on Tuesday demanded that the leader be put “behind bars”, saying he has “no right” to be in any political party. BJP’s national vice-president Laxmi Kant Chawla has shot off a letter to the TMC chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee stating that leaders like Pal should not be a part of any political entity and be put behind bars.
# Tapas Paul, Arup Chakraborty, Anubrata Mandal and Manirul Islam – several Trinamool leaders have in the past been in the eye of the storm for their hate speeches.