Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj would be a much better Prime Minister than Narendra Modi, the official nominee of BJP for the top post.
“I say that Sushma would be a much better Prime Minister than Modi due to a number of reasons,” Singh told reporters at his residence. Unlike Modi, Sushma Swaraj has an image of a moderate leader. She had begun her political career with the JP movement at a time when she was a student leader but had later on drifted towards the BJP, he said.
Sushma would be “more acceptable to allies” of the BJP in the NDA in the same way that (former Prime Minister) Atal Bihari Vajpayee was, the Congress leader expressed. “Sushma has conducted herself as the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha in a very dignified manner, although it was under her leadership that the Lower House of Parliament had faced maximum number of disruptions,” he said, adding that he did not agree with her on many issues raised by her in the Lok Sabha.
She made many promises to the people of Vidisha beforethe 2009 Lok Sabha elections but has not fulfilled most of them, Digvijay alleged. The senior BJP leader also adopted two villages in each Assembly segment of the constituency which had given her maximum votes, but their condition was now pitiable, he said.
Sushma would this time be defeated from Vidisha as she has done nothing for the constituency in the last five years, he claimed. The downfall of the BJP has begun and only Narendra Modi is left in the party, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
When asked to comment on veteran leader Jaswant Singh’s allegation that both BJP president Rajnath Singh and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had betrayed him, Digvijay said Jaswant was only expressing his sorrow.
To a question on if he would contest the Lok Sabha election from Varanasi as is being speculated, Digvijay said he is only a worker of the Congress and its leadership will decide from where he will contest the poll or not. .