Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj would be a much better Prime Minister than Narendra Modi, the official nominee of BJP for the top post.
“I say that Sushma would be a much better Prime Minister than Modi due to a number of reasons,” Singh told reporters at his residence. Unlike Modi, Sushma Swaraj has an image of a moderate leader. She had begun her political career with the JP movement at a time when she was a student leader but had later on drifted towards the BJP, he said.
Sushma would be “more acceptable to allies” of the BJP in the NDA in the same way that (former Prime Minister) Atal Bihari Vajpayee was, the Congress leader expressed. “Sushma has conducted herself as the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha in a very dignified manner, although it was under her leadership that the Lower House of Parliament had faced maximum number of disruptions,” he said, adding that he did not agree with her on many issues raised by her in the Lok Sabha.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
She made many promises to the people of Vidisha beforethe 2009 Lok Sabha elections but has not fulfilled most of them, Digvijay alleged. The senior BJP leader also adopted two villages in each Assembly segment of the constituency which had given her maximum votes, but their condition was now pitiable, he said.
Sushma would this time be defeated from Vidisha as she has done nothing for the constituency in the last five years, he claimed. The downfall of the BJP has begun and only Narendra Modi is left in the party, he said.
When asked to comment on veteran leader Jaswant Singh’s allegation that both BJP president Rajnath Singh and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had betrayed him, Digvijay said Jaswant was only expressing his sorrow.
To a question on if he would contest the Lok Sabha election from Varanasi as is being speculated, Digvijay said he is only a worker of the Congress and its leadership will decide from where he will contest the poll or not. .