Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday said she was “pained” at the party’s decision to deny a Lok Sabha ticket for party veteran Jaswant Singh.
The BJP denied ticket to Jaswant from Barmer in Rajasthan on Friday which led to speculation that he might contest as an Independent.
“As far as the issue of Jaswant Singhji is concerned, it was a decision of the party. It was not a normal decision. “Such type of decisions (Asaadharan nirnay) are not taken without any reason,” Sushma told reporters here when asked about the Jaswant issue.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha said there must have been some reason behind the decision. “There must be some reason because this as that ticket was not decided by the (BJP) Central Election Committee. “It was decided later. There must be some reason, but personally I am pained with this,” she said.