- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Pained at BJP’s decision to deny ticket to Jaswant: Sushma Swaraj
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday said she was “pained” at the party’s decision to deny a Lok Sabha ticket for party veteran Jaswant Singh.
The BJP denied ticket to Jaswant from Barmer in Rajasthan on Friday which led to speculation that he might contest as an Independent.
“As far as the issue of Jaswant Singhji is concerned, it was a decision of the party. It was not a normal decision. “Such type of decisions (Asaadharan nirnay) are not taken without any reason,” Sushma told reporters here when asked about the Jaswant issue.
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha said there must have been some reason behind the decision. “There must be some reason because this as that ticket was not decided by the (BJP) Central Election Committee. “It was decided later. There must be some reason, but personally I am pained with this,” she said.