Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj’s proposed rally here in Madhya Pradesh in support of the party nominee from Guna seat, Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya ended up in no show today as the local leaders failed to turn up at the helipad to receive her.
No BJP leader was present to receive the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha when her chopper landed at around 1.45 PM, except the media, sources said.
Even no party vehicle was present at the spot except a security vehicle with a tag “Escort”, which Sushma thought was due to the Model Code of Conduct which is in force, they said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
However, when she realised it was a escort vehicle, she asked the driver to stop and returned to the helipad where she found a few local BJP leaders whom she asked about Pawaiya who was reportedly in Ashoknagar town at that time.
When efforts to contact Pawaiya proved futile, Sushma got angry at the “shoddy” arrangements and refused to address the party’s rally in Shivpuri and left for Ashoknagar in the same chopper to address a scheduled public meeting at 2.18 PM, sources added.
However, before addressing the rally in Ashoknagar, she publicly scolded Pawaiya who was present at the spot, over the treatment meted out to her at Shivpuri.
Both Shivpuri and Ashoknagar are parts of the Guna Parliamentary constituency.
Pawaiya is in the fray against Congress stalwart and Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia from Guna seat.
Later, Sushma addressed the rally at Ashoknagar and appealed to voters to throw out “corrupt” Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.