Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj’s proposed rally here in Madhya Pradesh in support of the party nominee from Guna seat, Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya ended up in no show today as the local leaders failed to turn up at the helipad to receive her.
No BJP leader was present to receive the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha when her chopper landed at around 1.45 PM, except the media, sources said.
Even no party vehicle was present at the spot except a security vehicle with a tag “Escort”, which Sushma thought was due to the Model Code of Conduct which is in force, they said.
However, when she realised it was a escort vehicle, she asked the driver to stop and returned to the helipad where she found a few local BJP leaders whom she asked about Pawaiya who was reportedly in Ashoknagar town at that time.
When efforts to contact Pawaiya proved futile, Sushma got angry at the “shoddy” arrangements and refused to address the party’s rally in Shivpuri and left for Ashoknagar in the same chopper to address a scheduled public meeting at 2.18 PM, sources added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, before addressing the rally in Ashoknagar, she publicly scolded Pawaiya who was present at the spot, over the treatment meted out to her at Shivpuri.
Both Shivpuri and Ashoknagar are parts of the Guna Parliamentary constituency.
Pawaiya is in the fray against Congress stalwart and Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia from Guna seat.
Later, Sushma addressed the rally at Ashoknagar and appealed to voters to throw out “corrupt” Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.