Attacking Rahul Gandhi for his push to anti-corruption bills recently, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday said he was a “late entrant” in the anti-graft bandwagon and his effort was “not genuine” as he never spoke earlier on the issue even when several scams took place during the UPA rule.
A day after the extended Winter session of Parliament ended, BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley told a joint press conference here that the pendency of some anti-corruption bills was due to Congress’ failure and not because of the the Opposition.
Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, said normal functioning of Parliament was scuttled by Congress members but the ruling party had no control on them.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
On Rahul Gandhi’s push to the anti-corruption bills recently and his attack on the Opposition, Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, said, “He is a late entrant in the anti-corruption bandwagon. He never spoke on corruption in the last 10 years. But now he says corruption is our (Congress’) issue.”
Swaraj added that Rahul was “not even genuine” in his efforts.
She said there were several scams during the UPA government but the Congress Vice President never spoke on it.
“Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali (after eating 100 rats, a cat goes to pilgrimage),” she said while taking a dig at Rahul.
Jaitley questioned why Rahul remained silent when scams related to 2G spectrum, coal block allocation, Commonwealth Games, Adarsh Housing Society and VVIP chopper deal took place.