Attacking Rahul Gandhi for his push to anti-corruption bills recently, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday said he was a “late entrant” in the anti-graft bandwagon and his effort was “not genuine” as he never spoke earlier on the issue even when several scams took place during the UPA rule.
A day after the extended Winter session of Parliament ended, BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley told a joint press conference here that the pendency of some anti-corruption bills was due to Congress’ failure and not because of the the Opposition.
Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, said normal functioning of Parliament was scuttled by Congress members but the ruling party had no control on them.
On Rahul Gandhi’s push to the anti-corruption bills recently and his attack on the Opposition, Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, said, “He is a late entrant in the anti-corruption bandwagon. He never spoke on corruption in the last 10 years. But now he says corruption is our (Congress’) issue.”
Swaraj added that Rahul was “not even genuine” in his efforts.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She said there were several scams during the UPA government but the Congress Vice President never spoke on it.
“Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali (after eating 100 rats, a cat goes to pilgrimage),” she said while taking a dig at Rahul.
Jaitley questioned why Rahul remained silent when scams related to 2G spectrum, coal block allocation, Commonwealth Games, Adarsh Housing Society and VVIP chopper deal took place.