In a remark which could ruffle some feathers in the BJP ahead of the general elections, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Minister Surendra Patwa said that Sushma Swaraj could be the future deputy prime minister if voted to power at the Centre.
The Minister said this Wednesday at a meeting at Badi in Raisen district about 100 kms from here in the presence of the senior BJP leader herself and leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
Patwa made similar remarks at an election rally at Obaidullahganj also in Raisen district when Sushma was listening to him amid big cheers.
The minister represents Bhojpur seat in the Madhya Pradesh assembly and this is part of the Vidisha parliamentary constituency from where Sushma is contesting for the second time in succession since the 2009 LS polls.
Introducing Sushma as the next probable deputy PM to the voters, the Minister said his remarks were only a reflection of the feelings of BJP workers in the constituency, which has elected biggies like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Patwa is the nephew of former State Chief Minister Sunderlal Patwa and a close aide of Chouhan.
A few days ago, Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal at a rally in Amritsar, had suggested that BJP stalwart Arun Jaitley could be the next deputy PM but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha had downplayed the comment.