In a remark which could ruffle some feathers in the BJP ahead of the general elections, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Minister Surendra Patwa said that Sushma Swaraj could be the future deputy prime minister if voted to power at the Centre.
The Minister said this Wednesday at a meeting at Badi in Raisen district about 100 kms from here in the presence of the senior BJP leader herself and leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
Patwa made similar remarks at an election rally at Obaidullahganj also in Raisen district when Sushma was listening to him amid big cheers.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The minister represents Bhojpur seat in the Madhya Pradesh assembly and this is part of the Vidisha parliamentary constituency from where Sushma is contesting for the second time in succession since the 2009 LS polls.
Introducing Sushma as the next probable deputy PM to the voters, the Minister said his remarks were only a reflection of the feelings of BJP workers in the constituency, which has elected biggies like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Patwa is the nephew of former State Chief Minister Sunderlal Patwa and a close aide of Chouhan.
A few days ago, Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal at a rally in Amritsar, had suggested that BJP stalwart Arun Jaitley could be the next deputy PM but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha had downplayed the comment.