Turning to the issue of women’s empowerment, Sushma Swaraj said the passage of the women’s reservation bill should become the milestone for the 16th Lok Sabha. Noting that BJP had helped Congress in the passage of the measure four years back in the Rajya Sabha, she wanted Congress to reciprocate now and got instant support from Leader of the Congress Mallikarjun Kharge.
The External Affairs Minister said with the advent of BJP-led NDA to power, the stature of India has grown overnight globally. Earlier there was talk internationally that the India’s growth story was over but now it is said the potential has returned. “There is a race for world leaders to come to India and also invite Modi to their countries. They want to participate in our growth story and we also want to take advantage of it.
These are good signs,” she said. With the Opposition alleging that BJP is “reeking of arrogance” after victory, Swaraj said, “The massive victory has also brought big responsibility and we accept the verdict with humility.” Swaraj said the BJP-led NDA will take lessons from the mistakes of the past government which was thrown out due to a variety of reasons including price rise, growing corruption, a series of scams, plight of farmers, sagging business and industry, unemployment among youth, atrocities against women, degradation of institutions and injustice to soldiers.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
She also said the Center did not believe in confrontations with the states and was for building ‘Team India’ where the Center and states could have harmonious relations