Turning to the issue of women’s empowerment, Sushma Swaraj said the passage of the women’s reservation bill should become the milestone for the 16th Lok Sabha. Noting that BJP had helped Congress in the passage of the measure four years back in the Rajya Sabha, she wanted Congress to reciprocate now and got instant support from Leader of the Congress Mallikarjun Kharge.
The External Affairs Minister said with the advent of BJP-led NDA to power, the stature of India has grown overnight globally. Earlier there was talk internationally that the India’s growth story was over but now it is said the potential has returned. “There is a race for world leaders to come to India and also invite Modi to their countries. They want to participate in our growth story and we also want to take advantage of it.
These are good signs,” she said. With the Opposition alleging that BJP is “reeking of arrogance” after victory, Swaraj said, “The massive victory has also brought big responsibility and we accept the verdict with humility.” Swaraj said the BJP-led NDA will take lessons from the mistakes of the past government which was thrown out due to a variety of reasons including price rise, growing corruption, a series of scams, plight of farmers, sagging business and industry, unemployment among youth, atrocities against women, degradation of institutions and injustice to soldiers.
She also said the Center did not believe in confrontations with the states and was for building ‘Team India’ where the Center and states could have harmonious relations
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn