Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday criticised the Bharatiya Janata Party and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for derailing political debate during polls and targeting Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
“There is no reference to policies, programmes and ideology in the speeches of Modi which are focussed only on individuals,” Shinde said.
Claiming that UPA-III will come to power after the elections, Shinde said Rahul will be the next prime minister.
Accusing Modi of resorting to lies and distorting facts, he said, “We never heard about his ‘chaiwala’ past (tea-seller) in the last 14 years as Gujarat Chief Minister. He has suddenly started exploiting it to woo voters, but the people will not be misled by such gimmicks.”
He said BJP is in disarray and senior leaders like Atal Bihari Vajpayee, L K Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Jaswant Singh have been sidelined while only Modi remained.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shinde also hit out at the BJP saying it was claiming to bring crime don Dawood Ibrahim back to India once it came to power but had done nothing during NDA rule.
On Modi’s talk about Gujarat model of development, the Minister said 2,000 textile units have been closed in Gujarat and thousands of workers have been rendered jobless.
Himachal Pradesh has made tremendous progress and the development model of the state was better than Gujarat, he claimed.
When asked about the probe into Chennai blasts, Shinde said that the Centre is ready to assist the state but the request has to come from the Tamil Nadu government.
Referring to Pakistan Army chief Raheel Sharif’s remark describing Kashmir as “jugular vein” of his country, Shinde said, “Our stand on Kashmir is clear that it is an integral part of India,” adding that the statement is “uncalled for”.
Claiming that people of Himachal have always stood by Congress, Shinde hoped that Congress would win all four seats in the state this time.