Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday said his support to the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was only for coming Lok Sabha elections.
“My support will be only till the next elections,” Hazare said in a statement issued from his native place, Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district.
“Mamata Banerjee has fought for the society and has faced physical assaults in national interest and I feel such people should lead the country.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“That is the reason I have extended my support to Banerjee. However, this support will be only till the coming polls,” he said.
“I have not supported Mamata Banerjee the person or the party but I liked her social and national perspective,” Hazare said.
“I have extended my support to Mamata Banerjee as she thinks and works only for society and country. She is a CM and can lead a life full of luxury but she leads a simple life,” Hazare said, justifying his support to the TMC chief. I support the spirit of sacrifice that I see in Mamata Banerjee. She is the only leader who responded to my letter seeking support on 17 issues for good governance,” he noted.
“I had sent the letter to (AAP leader and Hazare’s former lieutenant) Arvind Kejriwal too and told him that I am willing to support you just as I supported Mamata but he hasn’t replied,” Hazare said.