- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
Support to Mamata only for coming Lok Sabha elections: Anna Hazare
Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday said his support to the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was only for coming Lok Sabha elections.
“My support will be only till the next elections,” Hazare said in a statement issued from his native place, Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district.
“Mamata Banerjee has fought for the society and has faced physical assaults in national interest and I feel such people should lead the country.
“That is the reason I have extended my support to Banerjee. However, this support will be only till the coming polls,” he said.
“I have not supported Mamata Banerjee the person or the party but I liked her social and national perspective,” Hazare said.
“I have extended my support to Mamata Banerjee as she thinks and works only for society and country. She is a CM and can lead a life full of luxury but she leads a simple life,” Hazare said, justifying his support to the TMC chief. I support the spirit of sacrifice that I see in Mamata Banerjee. She is the only leader who responded to my letter seeking support on 17 issues for good governance,” he noted.
“I had sent the letter to (AAP leader and Hazare’s former lieutenant) Arvind Kejriwal too and told him that I am willing to support you just as I supported Mamata but he hasn’t replied,” Hazare said.