Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday said his support to the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was only for coming Lok Sabha elections.
“My support will be only till the next elections,” Hazare said in a statement issued from his native place, Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district.
“Mamata Banerjee has fought for the society and has faced physical assaults in national interest and I feel such people should lead the country.
“That is the reason I have extended my support to Banerjee. However, this support will be only till the coming polls,” he said.
“I have not supported Mamata Banerjee the person or the party but I liked her social and national perspective,” Hazare said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I have extended my support to Mamata Banerjee as she thinks and works only for society and country. She is a CM and can lead a life full of luxury but she leads a simple life,” Hazare said, justifying his support to the TMC chief. I support the spirit of sacrifice that I see in Mamata Banerjee. She is the only leader who responded to my letter seeking support on 17 issues for good governance,” he noted.
“I had sent the letter to (AAP leader and Hazare’s former lieutenant) Arvind Kejriwal too and told him that I am willing to support you just as I supported Mamata but he hasn’t replied,” Hazare said.