Bollywood actor Suniel Shetty on Thursday added colour and glitz to electioneering as he participated in a roadshow and campaigned for ruling BJD candidates in Odisha’s Koraput district on Thursday.
Shetty joined the election campaign of school and mass education minister and BJD candidate Rabi Narayan Nanda at Jeypore town.
The actor also sought votes for BJD’s Lok Sabha candidate from Koraput seat Jhina Hikaka. “I have come here to campaign for Nandaji as a friendand not as a film actor. Nandaji has done good works as a minister. Therefore, I appeal people to vote for him,” Shetty said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Shetty, for whom campaigning during elections in the state is not a new venture, will also participate in road shows at two more places in the district in the coming days.
In 2009, Shetty, along with actress Raveena Tandon, had campaigned for independent candidate Jitu Patnaik in the Champua Assembly constituency in Keonjhar district. Incidentally, the ruling BJD has roped in several Odia film stars for the coming Lok Sabha as well as the Assembly polls. A group of Odia film personalities on Wednesday campaigned for Congress candidate and sitting Kalahandi MP Bhakta Charan Das.