Union Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor on Sunday wrote to Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, requesting that investigations into the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor be expedited so that the “truth emerges at the earliest”.
“In the midst of my mourning, I have finally had a chance to catch up with the media reports and am horrified to read the reckless speculation rampant there. I am appealing to you to issue instructions to the relevant authorities to expedite their investigations and come to a rapid conclusion so that the truth emerges at the earliest,” said Tharoor in his letter.
“I pledge full and unstinting cooperation. Nothing short of the truth will end the indignity to which my wife and I are being subjected at a time when all I seek is to be allowed to grieve in private with her and my near and dear ones,” said the letter.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, Tharoor recorded his statement before Sub Divisional Magistrate Alok Sharma. Sources said he was asked about his marital “discord”. Tharoor told him that his relationship with Sunanda was normal. He reportedly spoke about her medical reports and the Twitter spat over Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Journalist Nalini Singh, who reportedly spoke to Sunanda a day before her death, told The Indian Express that she had given her statement to the SDM. “I do not wish to say anything more since what I have told the SDM is now part of the investigations,” she said.
Singh had told reporters on Saturday that Sunanda was “upset” and “crying” over the Tarar issue. She reportedly told Singh she was distressed due to her illness.
The statements of Sunanda’s brother Rajesh Pushkar, Tharoor’s personal assistant R K Sharma and Tharoor’s consultant Shiv Kumar were also recorded by the SDM.