Union Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor on Sunday wrote to Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, requesting that investigations into the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor be expedited so that the “truth emerges at the earliest”.
“In the midst of my mourning, I have finally had a chance to catch up with the media reports and am horrified to read the reckless speculation rampant there. I am appealing to you to issue instructions to the relevant authorities to expedite their investigations and come to a rapid conclusion so that the truth emerges at the earliest,” said Tharoor in his letter.
“I pledge full and unstinting cooperation. Nothing short of the truth will end the indignity to which my wife and I are being subjected at a time when all I seek is to be allowed to grieve in private with her and my near and dear ones,” said the letter.
Later, Tharoor recorded his statement before Sub Divisional Magistrate Alok Sharma. Sources said he was asked about his marital “discord”. Tharoor told him that his relationship with Sunanda was normal. He reportedly spoke about her medical reports and the Twitter spat over Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Journalist Nalini Singh, who reportedly spoke to Sunanda a day before her death, told The Indian Express that she had given her statement to the SDM. “I do not wish to say anything more since what I have told the SDM is now part of the investigations,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Singh had told reporters on Saturday that Sunanda was “upset” and “crying” over the Tarar issue. She reportedly told Singh she was distressed due to her illness.
The statements of Sunanda’s brother Rajesh Pushkar, Tharoor’s personal assistant R K Sharma and Tharoor’s consultant Shiv Kumar were also recorded by the SDM.