Wikileaks released an electronic telegram sent in 1977 that contained classified information about the Congress party president Indira Gandhi. It was sent from the Department of State (USA) to New Delhi, India.
The cable cites former Rajya Sabha member Subramanian Swamy as the source who told a US department officer that Indira Gandhi is set to declare elections in March in view of her failing health.
Swamy told the US officer that Gandhi wanted to square things away in view of her “failing health”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, Indira Gandhi went on to lose her seat in Rae Bareli and her party was ousted in the Lok Sabha polls. Subramaniam Swamy went on to win the elections and served as an MP for two years.
You can read the full leaked document here