Wikileaks released an electronic telegram sent in 1977 that contained classified information about the Congress party president Indira Gandhi. It was sent from the Department of State (USA) to New Delhi, India.
The cable cites former Rajya Sabha member Subramanian Swamy as the source who told a US department officer that Indira Gandhi is set to declare elections in March in view of her failing health.
Swamy told the US officer that Gandhi wanted to square things away in view of her “failing health”.
However, Indira Gandhi went on to lose her seat in Rae Bareli and her party was ousted in the Lok Sabha polls. Subramaniam Swamy went on to win the elections and served as an MP for two years.
You can read the full leaked document here
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched