Weighing options for a pre-poll alliance with Ram Vilas Paswan-led LJP in Bihar for the Lok Sabha elections, the BJP leadership Tuesday worked to forge a consensus within its state unit.
In the morning, BJP president Rajnath Singh held discussions with state unit chief Mangal Pandey, leaders of opposition in the state legislature, Nandkishore Yadav and Sushil Modi, and party general secretary incharge of Bihar Dharmendra Pradhan about an alliance with LJP. BJP leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad, Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaj Hussain were present.
In the evening, Rajnath Singh held separate talks with C P Thakur, Rameshwar Chaurasia, Ashwani Chaubey and Amarendra Pratap, who are vehemently opposed to an alliance with LJP.
In the morning meeting, it was agreed that dissenting leaders should be taken on board before taking a final call.
The BJP has already rejected LJP’s demand of 12 seats to contest and is willing to offer six. LJP revised the demand to eight. The thinking within the BJP is that the LJP could be weaned away from Lalu Prasad’s RJD that otherwise appears to be forging an RJD-LJP-Congress tie-up.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
LJP sources, however, said an alliance has been more or less forged and talks were on about seats. The LJP is likely to settle for seven seats, which is more than the three-four that the Congress and RJD were willing to cede.