In what led to a stir by Congress workers, the Election Commission conducted searches at party MP and Lok Sabha candidate Vilas Muttemwar’s premises on the Great Nag Road on Friday, a day before party president Sonia Gandhi is to address a poll rally in the city.
The search that lasted over five hours also involved I-T officials.
Officials said only Rs 5.70 lakh cash was found from a room in the building that houses office of VRS Infrastructure, a firm run by Muttemwar’s son. Even as a crowd of Congress leaders and supporters gathered at the place, Muttemwar strongly protested saying the searches were carried out at the behest of Narendra Modi and Nitin Gadkari.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
An official said that they found some poll material that should not have been there since the building did not house Muttemwar’s poll office. “Some envelopes were found. An FIR will be lodged.”