In what led to a stir by Congress workers, the Election Commission conducted searches at party MP and Lok Sabha candidate Vilas Muttemwar’s premises on the Great Nag Road on Friday, a day before party president Sonia Gandhi is to address a poll rally in the city.
The search that lasted over five hours also involved I-T officials.
Officials said only Rs 5.70 lakh cash was found from a room in the building that houses office of VRS Infrastructure, a firm run by Muttemwar’s son. Even as a crowd of Congress leaders and supporters gathered at the place, Muttemwar strongly protested saying the searches were carried out at the behest of Narendra Modi and Nitin Gadkari.
An official said that they found some poll material that should not have been there since the building did not house Muttemwar’s poll office. “Some envelopes were found. An FIR will be lodged.”
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet