This is the only large state where the Congress has not recovered from its nationwide losses in 1977 — even in 1984 when it got a record tally of 415
The Congress has lost to one of its own. It is the Trinamool Congress, formed in 1998 by Mamata Banerjee, has emerged the opposition to the Left Front.
The Trinamool’s best performances were in alliance with the BJP (1999) and the Congress (2009). In 2004, despite its second alliance with the BJP, the Trinamool did not win any seat except Mamata’s.
The Congress has not gained in seats but remains a key alliance partner in elections. The Trinamool was a Congress ally when it registered its best score in 2009, though the Congress tally did not change.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The BJP has usually not been able to make a mark except in the Gorkha National Liberation Front’s area where an understanding was reached, and in Dum Dum.
The Left Front has fought together since 1967, and registered its lowest tally ever in 2009, coinciding with the Trinamool’s highest