DMK chief M Karunanidhi’s son and Treasurer M K Stalin is among the five persons named by the party to hold seat-sharing talks with alliance parties for the coming Parliamentary elections. Party general secretary K Anbazhagan announced constituting the panel, whose other members are senior leaders Durai Murugan, VP Duraisamy, RS Bharathi and PV Kalyanasundaram.
Further, Karunanidhi’s daughter Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja, also DMK Propaganda Secretary, have been named in the committee that will prepare the party’s manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls.
A statement released by Anbazhagan said Lok Sabha MPs T R Baalu and T K S Elangovan, Sarguna Pandian, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan and Prof A Ramasamy are the other members.
DMK has already finalised alliance with small parties like VCK, MMK and Puthiya Tamizhagam even as Karunanidhi had ruled out a tie-up with Congress or BJP.
The party is also open to an alliance with actor-politician Vijayakant’s DMDK, with Karunanidhi himself declaring his willingness for such a partnership, but the former has been keeping his cards close to his chest even as his party is being wooed by BJP.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review