DMK chief M Karunanidhi’s son and Treasurer M K Stalin is among the five persons named by the party to hold seat-sharing talks with alliance parties for the coming Parliamentary elections. Party general secretary K Anbazhagan announced constituting the panel, whose other members are senior leaders Durai Murugan, VP Duraisamy, RS Bharathi and PV Kalyanasundaram.
Further, Karunanidhi’s daughter Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja, also DMK Propaganda Secretary, have been named in the committee that will prepare the party’s manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls.
A statement released by Anbazhagan said Lok Sabha MPs T R Baalu and T K S Elangovan, Sarguna Pandian, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan and Prof A Ramasamy are the other members.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
DMK has already finalised alliance with small parties like VCK, MMK and Puthiya Tamizhagam even as Karunanidhi had ruled out a tie-up with Congress or BJP.
The party is also open to an alliance with actor-politician Vijayakant’s DMDK, with Karunanidhi himself declaring his willingness for such a partnership, but the former has been keeping his cards close to his chest even as his party is being wooed by BJP.