- BJP deploys big guns as campaign enters last lap
- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
Stalin among five named by DMK to hold seat sharing talks for LS polls
DMK chief M Karunanidhi’s son and Treasurer M K Stalin is among the five persons named by the party to hold seat-sharing talks with alliance parties for the coming Parliamentary elections. Party general secretary K Anbazhagan announced constituting the panel, whose other members are senior leaders Durai Murugan, VP Duraisamy, RS Bharathi and PV Kalyanasundaram.
Further, Karunanidhi’s daughter Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja, also DMK Propaganda Secretary, have been named in the committee that will prepare the party’s manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls.
A statement released by Anbazhagan said Lok Sabha MPs T R Baalu and T K S Elangovan, Sarguna Pandian, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan and Prof A Ramasamy are the other members.
DMK has already finalised alliance with small parties like VCK, MMK and Puthiya Tamizhagam even as Karunanidhi had ruled out a tie-up with Congress or BJP.
The party is also open to an alliance with actor-politician Vijayakant’s DMDK, with Karunanidhi himself declaring his willingness for such a partnership, but the former has been keeping his cards close to his chest even as his party is being wooed by BJP.