Controversial chief of right wing outfit Sri Ram Sene founder Pramod Muthalik, who was linked with the attack on women at a pub in Mangalore in 2009, joined the BJP here on Sunday.
Muthalik was welcomed into the party fold in the presence of State party President Prahalad Joshi, former Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and former Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa at a formal ceremony here.
Muthalik later told reporters that he joined BJP with the objective of ensuring that Narendra Modi becomes the country’s next Prime Minister.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He has had a love-hate relation with BJP, which was evident when the saffron party had accused him of misusing Modi’s name for raising funds.
He joined RSS in 1975 and Shiv Sena in 2005, but left the latter in 2006.
This is the first time he is officially being associated with the party.
BJP and Sangh Parivar leaders feel Muthalik’s entry into the party can tilt the scales, especially in Belgaum, as people divided on the basis of mother tongues Kannada and Marathi, will come together under the Hindutva plank.
BJP leaders also feel his entry will benefit the party in other parts of the district and neighbouring districts.
Muthalik shot into the limelight when Ram Sene workers allegedly attacked girls in a pub in Mangalore in 2009.
The hardcore Hindutva leader is facing several cases, including one relating to promoting enmity between two communities.