With Prime Minister Narendra Modi giving up his Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, speculation is rife in BJP on who will contest from the constituency in his home state even as the name of his close aide Amit Shah is doing the rounds.
While party leaders were tight-lipped on who in the party will fight for Vadodara seat, they said it was for Modi to take a call on this issue.
Sources said Shah, party general secretary, is likely to be considered for the seat.
Shah has not yet been “rewarded” for his good work in Uttar Pradesh where he scripted BJP’s grand success that saw the party winning 71 out of a total of 80 seats.
Speculation is also rife about Shah finding a place in Modi’s cabinet in the expansion that is expected soon. His name is also doing the rounds for Defence Ministry, which Modi was kept vacant and given as an additional charge to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sources said the party will see a major revamp in the coming days, as its president Rajnath Singh, three vice presidents Jual Ornam, Uma Bharti and Smriti Irani and three general secretaries Ananth Kumar, Thawarchand Gehlot and Dhanrmendra Pradhan have joined the government.
Besides, party treasurer Piyush Goel and two spokespersons Prakash Javadekar and Nirmala Sitharaman have joined the government.
According to sources, Shah, along with general secretary J P Nadda and BJP’s Gujarat unit incharge Om Prakash Mathur, are in the race for the party president’s post
BJP will also see new faces in the party as it does not want to weaken the organization ahead of crucial assembly elections in states of Maharashtra and Haryana later this year and Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand early next year.
BJP’s ideological fountainhead, the RSS, also wants that the organisation should remain vibrant and strong unlike in 1999 when the party had weakened as all bigwigs went into the government and the party lost touch with the grassroots.
Modi decided to represent Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi Lok Sabha seat.