Terming Akhilesh Yadav’s law and order review meeting with state officials on Tuesday as “farce”, BJP said it would be better if the chief minister reviewed his party because SP workers were the “biggest challenge” to the law and order of Uttar Pradesh. “Without correcting policies and intention, neither law and order situation will improve nor the state can be brought back on the track of development,” BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here.
“The meeting is a farce. It would have been better if the CM would have held a review meeting of his party organisation and asked workers to get reformed. In that case better results could have been expected,” he said. “SP workers are the biggest challenge for law and order in the state,” Pathak alleged.
“Whenever Akhilesh government, which is in a complete state of confusion, tries to give a message of being tough on the law and order front, anti-social elements start challenging it. Such elements have patronage of leaders of the ruling party,” he alleged.
Pathak said the day the government was claiming of improved law and order situation, criminals demonstrated their power by killing a BJP leader Omvir Singh in Muzaffarnagar. Demanding immediate arrest of Singh’s killers, he alleged that a phase of political killings had started in UP, which was dangerous.
Pathak alleged that while on the one hand, CM Akhilesh was advising officials to work without pressure, on the other hand, he was failing to control his own party workers.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Referring to an incident in Sambhal where a 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two policemen, he alleged that those having the responsibility of protecting the people were themselves committing crime fearlessly. Under attack over law and order situation in the state, Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday held a meeting with senior administrative and police officials.