Hinting at the formation of a Third Front, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said his party will play a big role in forming the government in Delhi after the Lok Sabha polls.
“We have already won Uttar Pradesh. Now it’s time for Delhi. The Samajwadi Party will play a big role in forming the government at the Centre.
“Once we had ruled Delhi, but the government didn’t last then because leaders of various parties could not work in tandem. We have to ensure that this time the government works,” he said kicking off the party’s cycle yatra in Uttar Pradesh.
Asking partymen to exercise restraint while working towards the goal of capturing power at the Centre, he said, “If somebody as part of a conspiracy tries to instigate you during the cycle yatras, just smile, tolerate it and move forward.
“Last time you had come on cycles to form government in the state which has been achieved… This time around I am confident that you will have an important role to play in the government formation at the Centre”, Yadav told partymen.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Once before we had taken out a cycle rally in a disciplined manner which was praised by everyone…This time around if we work properly, people of Lucknow would also extend support to the party like in the Vidhan Sabha polls and it (the party) could win the Lucknow Lok Sabha seat,” he said.
In an apparent dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the SP chief said the UP government has in the form of schemes and programmes already given to its people more than the budget of Gujarat.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav rued that though the achievements of the SP government were more, it lagged in propagating them.
“Last time SP workers had come on cycles to remove the government which had put up statues and spoiled the state”, he said asking workers to propagate the government’s achievements at the booth level.
“The coming elections are that of netaji (Mulayam Singh)… Samajwadis would not get such an opportunity again and they can show their strength in Delhi”, he said while cautioning workers against the conspiracies of the opponents.
The week-long cycle rally, which will highlight the SP government’s achievements, would cover all Vidhan Sabha seats.