“We will not take support from any ‘goonda, badmaash’ (hooligan)…,” SP spokesperson Shivpal Yadav said when asked about Ansari’s proposal for a joint candidate from Varanasi, adding that he has not received any request in this regard.
“We have already fielded Kailash Chaurasia from there… Everyone knows that we are secular… Those who wish to strengthen secular force can support us,” Yadav said.
Quami Ekta Dal chief Ansari, who is lodged in jail in the BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai murder case, had earlier proposed to field a joint candidate in Varanasi.
Stating that the SP candidate will certainly win from Varanasi, Yadav claimed that Modi was not getting local support there.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Yadav said his party would won over 60 seats (out of 80) in the state, that there would be a Third Front government at the Centre with SP supremo leading it.