Samajwadi Party Thursday named Abhishek Mishra, a minister of state in Akhilesh Yadav government, from Lucknow Lok Sabha constituency, replacing party’s national general secretary Ashok Bajpai, who had already started campaigning in the constituency.
Mishra will now take on BJP national president Rajnath Singh, Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi and BSP’s Nakul Dubey from the seat, which is currently represented by BJP’s Lalji Tandon.
The move came as a shock for Bajpai, who reached party office but refused to talk to journalists. “I will not talk right now,” Bajpai said. A former minister, Bajpai lost the 2012 Assembly elections from Sawaijpur in Hardoi. He was given party ticket from Lucknow in November 2012.
Mishra, on the other hand, claims to be a former faculty at IIM, Ahmedabad and had won the 2012 Assembly polls from Lucknow-North and was appointed minister of state in science and technology department. Much hype was created after Mishra, who is the son of a retired IAS officer, joined the party in 2012. But, he slowly faded and is regarded as a non-starter in the party.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest