Senior SP leader Shivpal Yadav told reporters here today that the poster “has hurt the sentiments of Hindus deeply” and added that his party “will expose the true face of BJP which swears by Hindutva and has no respect for the sanctity of traditions”.
The poster to greet the people ahead of Navratri, a festival dedicated to the worship of Goddess Durga, carries a picture of Modi showing a victory sign and a “modified” version of a ‘shloka’ of Durga Saptshati, a religious text describing Durga’s victory demon Mahishasura.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
It says, “Ya Modi Sarvbhuteshu, Rashtrarupen Sansithah, namastasye, namastasye Namo Namah (Modi who resides in every human being in the form of rashtra (nation), I salute him again and again.”
Meanwhile, BJP sources said office-bearers of the party’s literature publication wing, which released the poster, had been summoned by party president of Kashi area Laxman Acharya.
Acharya had asked workers not to circulate the poster, the sources said. State party president Laxmikant Bajpayee has also issued a warning that “serious action” would be taken if this poster was put up on walls and vehicles, the sources