In a full-scale offensive, Narendra Modi on Sunday charged that Sonia Gandhi’s “blind love” towards her son Rahul Gandhi had left the country in “ruins” and UPA government was “remote-controlled” by her.
“A mother’s blind love towards her son has left the country in ruins, to a son for whom all this has been done…will anything come out of him? Is there anything? Will anything happen? Will you be able to believe him? Can the country live believing him?” he said at Haveri in north Karnataka, without naming the Gandhis.
The BJP prime ministerial candidate also latched on the contents of a book written by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s former Media Adviser Sanjaya Baru, to accuse the UPA government of being “remote controlled” by Sonia Gandhi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In his book, “The Accidental Prime Minister–The Making and Unmaking Of Manmohan Singh,” Baru has said Singh seemed to “surrender” to Gandhi, playing the second fiddle.
“Two days ago a book has come out, an official who used to work in the Manmohan Singh government and his confidant has written this book. He has said this government is not being run by Manmohan Singhji. All the files are being checked by Sonia Gandhi,” Modi said.
Noting that Singh has been described as “accidental prime minister” in the book, he spoke about the casualties that accidents — involving scooters, trains or aircraft — would cause.
“…but with accidental Prime Minister 125 crore people will die and future of our youth will get immersed in darkness. This is a book by Prime Minister’s personal man,” said Modi, who also addressed rallies at Chikkamagalur and Chikkaballapur.
In his rallies, Modi asked, “I ask you all what type of government do you want in India? Do you want a government in Delhi, a lame government? Do you want a dumb government? Do you want remote-controlled government.Do you want a government which is lying dead in a hospital?”