Political differences blurred as Congress President Sonia Gandhi wrote a personal letter to Union Minister Gopinath Munde’s family condoling his death and Rahul Gandhi visited the BJP office to pay respects to the departed leader.
“There are some events in life on which one has no control and one has to bear with them,” said Sonia in a letter to Pradanya, wife of the senior BJP leader from Maharashtra.
Paying tributes to Munde, she said that the backward class leader tried to discharge the responsibilities given to him in his political and social life with full dedication.
“Hailing from a humble background, Munde made a mark in social and political life by the dint of his hard work, polite behaviour and commitment towards the backward classes, which is a source of inspiration for all,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Noting that the tragedy has brought unbearable pain to the family, Gandhi said that she is with them in this hour of grief.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi visited the 11 Ashoka Road office of BJP to pay respect to the departed leader. This is perhaps for the first time in last many years that any Gandhi family member visited the BJP office.
Rahul Gandhi was accompanied by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat.
Congress and BJP had fought a bitter political battle in this Lok Sabha polls, which was marked by personal attacks from both sides.
JD(U) President Sharad Yadav also visited the BJP office in the afternoon to pay tributes to Munde.
Yadav, whose party had last year walked out of NDA snapping its 17-year-old ties with BJP, also wrote a letter to Munde’s wife and conveyed his heartfelt condolences to her and
the bereaved family.
Munde, Union Rural Development Minister and a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died today after his liver ruptured and he suffered a cardiac arrest following a road accident this morning.