Political differences blurred as Congress President Sonia Gandhi wrote a personal letter to Union Minister Gopinath Munde’s family condoling his death and Rahul Gandhi visited the BJP office to pay respects to the departed leader.
“There are some events in life on which one has no control and one has to bear with them,” said Sonia in a letter to Pradanya, wife of the senior BJP leader from Maharashtra.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Paying tributes to Munde, she said that the backward class leader tried to discharge the responsibilities given to him in his political and social life with full dedication.
“Hailing from a humble background, Munde made a mark in social and political life by the dint of his hard work, polite behaviour and commitment towards the backward classes, which is a source of inspiration for all,” she said.
Noting that the tragedy has brought unbearable pain to the family, Gandhi said that she is with them in this hour of grief.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi visited the 11 Ashoka Road office of BJP to pay respect to the departed leader. This is perhaps for the first time in last many years that any Gandhi family member visited the BJP office.
Rahul Gandhi was accompanied by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat.
Congress and BJP had fought a bitter political battle in this Lok Sabha polls, which was marked by personal attacks from both sides.
JD(U) President Sharad Yadav also visited the BJP office in the afternoon to pay tributes to Munde.
Yadav, whose party had last year walked out of NDA snapping its 17-year-old ties with BJP, also wrote a letter to Munde’s wife and conveyed his heartfelt condolences to her and
the bereaved family.
Munde, Union Rural Development Minister and a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died today after his liver ruptured and he suffered a cardiac arrest following a road accident this morning.