Sonia told me Priyanka would write her biography, says Natwar Singh

Singh said that he had, on several occasions, suggested to Sonia Gandhi that she should write her autobiography.

Written by Aleesha Matharu | New Delhi | Updated: September 4, 2014 12:12 pm
sonia-natwar-m Natwar Singh’s book, among other things, says Sonia renounced the prime minister’s post in 2004 because her son Rahul feared that she might be assassinated. (Source: PTI)

Former external affairs minister Natwar Singh, who has kicked up a storm with his claims about Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in his just released book One Life is Not Enough, has said that the Congress president had told him that her daughter Priyanka Vadra would write a book on her.

In response to the claims in Singh’s book, Sonia had said last month that she would write her own book that would put an end to all speculation — a reaction that Singh said had “astonished” him.

“I was astonished that she reacted. She never does, which is one of her strengths. She never does,” he said at Idea Exchange at The Indian Express on Thursday. He added that he did not know who had advised her to respond to the release of his tell-all book.

Singh said at the programme — the transcript of the interaction will be published in The Sunday Express and on http://www.indianexpress.com — that he had, on several occasions, suggested to Sonia Gandhi that she should write her autobiography.

natwar

“When I was close to her, I told her, ‘Why you don’t write your biography? You are an important person. You are among the most powerful women in the world. In every survey you are among the top 10’,” he said.

However, “She said I’m not going to write it since Priyanka is,” Natwar Singh said, adding, “I said I will join her”.

On Sonia’s announcement that she would write a book, Singh said, “When she made this statement, I said I am glad that she has decided. I look forward to the book. I thought she would start tomorrow.”

Asked what he expected to read in Sonia’s proposed book, Singh said, “I used to see her every day for over six to seven hours. Maybe she would have a lot of things to say against me. And if she says so I will tell her I am so sorry, I have no problem in apologising…”

Singh recalled the visit of Sonia and Priyanka to his home in Delhi’s Jor Bagh in May this year to ask if he would write about events that took place before the swearing-in of the first UPA government in 2004. According to Singh, Sonia is “very upset and angry” because of that meeting.

Singh’s book, among other things, says Sonia renounced the prime minister’s post in 2004 not because of her “inner voice” as she has claimed, but because her son Rahul feared that she might be assassinated.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

Aj
    Aug 8, 2014 at 5:06 pm
    We would like to read a lot about R Vadra. Please one chapter on Vadra.
    1. H
      H1N1
      Aug 8, 2014 at 11:38 pm
      They do not have that capacity for hardwork. They will hire someone else to do the work and then claim credit
        paschal
        Aug 9, 2014 at 10:26 am
        LIQUID UNIVERSAL SSD SOLUTION CHEMICAL COMPANY LTD INDIA, WE SELL SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION USED TO CLEAN ALL TYPE OF BLACK MONEY AND DEFACED BANK NOTES,WE ALSO BUY BLACK MONEY ANY TYPE,WE ALSO WORK ON PERCENTAGE BASIS,WE CLEAN ALL CURRENCIES LIKE EURO,USD,GBP,AND MANY OTHER CURRENCIES,WE ALSO OFFER MACHINES FOR LARGE CLEANING,WE HAVE OUR BRANCH OFFICES IN ASIA,AMERICA,AFRICA,EUROPE,AUSTRALIA PLEASE DO CONTACT USName: Dr Paschal Phone number: ( 918586912473)ussdsccltd@gmail
          Swamy
          Aug 9, 2014 at 3:09 am
          Quite natural since Sonia is not educated enough to write her own deeds/miss deeds in a book.Priyanka will be isted by Robert to bring this auto biography and Hooda will get it printed free in Haryana.
            Sham
            Aug 8, 2014 at 7:03 pm
            Even after Narwar Singh has been dropped as a hot potato by Sonia hi, there is still immense hero (-in) worshiping by him towards her. With the main theme in his book, as to why Sonia hi did not become PM, I won't care less for any reason given by her. With her "inner voice" Sonia hi made a fool of the public - the Indian public. Did the congress persons in her vicinity really believed her? If yes, no one can hepl them!
              S L
              Aug 9, 2014 at 3:45 am
              Books or no books,Sonia ,her F 1 and Congress are thoroughly exposed.They have lived for themselves and not bothered about the country